Post Decree Modifications

Just like lives change before a divorce they will change afterwards as well whether it be in there everyday life or their needs. For this reason, a post decree modification can be filed and for the following reasons:

  • The former spouse experiences a change in a financial situation whether because of a job gain, loss, promotion etc.
  • One or both divorced parents want to change visitation rights, move out of town or state due to a career opportunity, or spend more time with a child.

No matter if you want to change your child support or gain more time with your child you want to make sure you speak to an attorney who is experienced in this area such as the Law Office of Anne Dowden Saxton. We are able to help you dictate when to compromise with your now divorced spouse, or compromise when necessary. We will try and seek the best results that not only benefit you and your child/children, but come to an agreement that both you and your ex-spouse can agree upon. If the second party does not contest the post decree modification then you may not require a court appointment, but it’s highly recommended in cases that do not. Every three years you are allowed to ask for a modification to things such as child support, however, you may only ask for a change in child support if it’s greater or less than 15%.

How We Can Help You!

In most cases, child support will stop once the child turns 18 years of age and is out of school. If you have any court orders you wish to enforce or change, they should be done so with the legal representation of a family lawyer who can better aid you in the process, help you to file the necessary forms and give you guidance in the best steps to take. Here at the Law Office of Anne Dowden Saxton we will guide you through the legal process and help get the results you need. Call us today for a free consultation.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>